Today’s COVID-19 Briefing is scheduled for 4:15 p.m.
As of Friday at 4 p.m., the state had tracked:
• 23,921 cases of COVID-19, up 821 since the previous day;
• 1,764 fatalities associated with COVID-19, up 125 from the previous day;
• 768 of those fatalities, or about 43%, were in nursing homes according to Chief Operating Officer Josh Geballe;
• 1,877 patients currently hospitalized with COVID-19, down 70 from the previous day, and;
• 74,038 patients had been tested for COVID-19, up 2,541 from the previous day.
We have provided some links to informational resources that might help solve some problems below … MORE
The IHME’s data was updated Tuesday and said the statewide peak for COVID-19 was April 20 at 204 deaths. Under “containment strategy” the IHME chart suggests that “after June 9, 2020, relaxing social distancing may be possible with containment strategies that include testing, contact tracing, isolation, and limiting gathering size.”
Here’s the link to our page with the IHME chart. (You will need to selected “Connecticut” from the pulldown.)
• FoodShare – Hartford and Tolland Counties Mobile Pantry
• Medical Volunteers
• CARES Act & PPP Loans
• Domestic Violence Assistance or 888-774-2900
• PBS Kids