US Senator Chris Dodd’s office has received over 10,000 requests for tickets to the swearing-in ceremony for the inauguration of President-elect Barack Obama.
In a press release Monday, Dodd’s office said he will receive 393 tickets and of those 200 will be given out at random.
If you are a Connecticut resident and want your name thrown into the hat then please contact Dodd’s office by fax at 202-224-1083 or email: inauguration at dodd.senate.gov before 6 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 17.
1. Each entrant must be a resident of the state of Connecticut.
2. One entry per person.
3. Each individual is eligible for a maximum of two tickets.
4. Those who have requested tickets to date will be entered into the drawing and do not need to re-submit their request.
5. All future requests must be made via email or fax.
6. No request will be accepted after 6:00 PM on Wednesday, December 17, 2008.
7. Tickets are non-transferable and must be picked up in person with a valid photo ID on Monday January 19, 2009.
8. Tickets will not be distributed to groups, organizations, corporations or other entities.